Sunday, January 31, 2010

More contributors on board

Two new additions to the line-up...Mur Lafferty of podcast fame and Robert Kroese, an independent author who knocked the socks of the ebook market with Mercury Falls. There will be a David Morrell interview from David J. Montgomery and Jonathan Maberry has contributed four articles, including actual query letters that led to major sales. Authors are amazing!

No decent writing blog would be complete without musing on the effects of the Macmillan vs. Amazon tiff currently brewing, and while those impacts will directly affect writers of the future, I have my personal opinion on my regular blog and also recommend JA Konrath's blog for coverage. of course, also check out Macmillan's statement. Amazon is mum so far.

I will point out the only way Write Good or Die could exist is through the ease of digital distribution and the generosity of successful authors. If this had to be printed, it wouldn't get funded, because I'd have to make the money back, and it would be too much work, and you'd have to pay for free advice. That speaks to the power of ebooks and the digital age, and I fully embrace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment